New Poll: Texas Medicaid Beneficiaries Overwhelmingly Satisfied With Their Coverage
Nearly 9 in 10 (86%) Texas Medicaid beneficiaries are satisfied with their Medicaid benefits.
Key findings from the new survey include:
A new Morning Consult poll commissioned by Texas Association of Health Plans (TAHP) shows that the great majority of Medicaid beneficiaries are satisfied with the quality of care and benefits that the Medicaid program provides. With the continued growth of the program, the poll captures the importance of Medicaid coverage for Texans.
- Nearly 9 in 10 (86%) Medicaid recipients say they are satisfied with their Medicaid health care services.
- More than half (55%) of Texas Medicaid recipients say that they would have no “very little” or “no” access to health care without Medicaid.
- Eight in ten (80%) say that their Medicaid benefits reduce stress related to health care for themselves and their family. Another three in four (76%) say that their Medicaid benefits give themselves and their family more stability
- .A strong majority (80%) say the care they receive through Medicaid is “better” or “about the same” as the care they would receive through other types of coverage, including Medicare or employer insurance coverage.
- More than 80% say it is easy to get prescriptions they need using their Medicaid benefits.
- Eight in ten (80%) say it is easy for them to find a primary care provider.
Morning Consult conducted an online survey of 500 adults who are Medicaid recipients in Texas from May 23 – May 27, 2018. Results from the survey have a margin of error of +/- 4 percentage points.